Sunday, April 22, 2012

Captain, we've sighted Friskies!

Put a fair few nautical miles on the S.S. Magnum this evening, sailing from Dollar General to Dollar General, plundering their booty of Friskies cat food (and by plundering I mean taking advantage of this week's particularly good coupon offers.)  Got some sweet deals on air freshener and hair dye too, matey!  Arrrrr!!!  Mad Bess Feral and I celebrated by plundering (i.e., paying full price for) delicious veggie subs from Subway, and watching Calendar Girls (which was of course filmed in Bess's native Yorkshire.) 

The remarkable thing was, the checkout girl at the first Dollar General that I plundered this evening, and the checkout guy at the Walgreens (which I happened to plunder some hair spray, Pepsi, and sinus medicine from) BOTH complimented me on my "Tesla Is My Co-Pilot" shirt, which Mad Bess designed and uploaded to Cafepress and presented to me for my birthday a year or two ago.  They were, like, the fourth and fifth people that I had ever met in my life who knew who the hell Nikola Tesla was!  It seems that the schools are FINALLY acknowledging Tesla's contributions to science and technology, nearly 70 years after his death... so SUCK IT, EDISON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment